Newsstand is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Newsstand may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 28/05/2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information about your subscriptions, such as delivery locations and magazines subscribed to
- Tracking information to identify referal sites
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Fullfilment of our subscription service. This sometimes requires the providing of your data to the publisher(s) of purchased magazines in order that they may complete the service to you. If you opt in to their other communications requests at the time of purchase, they may contact you regarding affiliated offers and or services. You may opt out at any time by contacting us or the publishers directly.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
This web application can store several different cookies as required to tailor its operations to your needs. The following information can be stored:
- Login 'remember me' Cookie (if checked on log-in), enabling users to remain signed in until they manually sign-out of the service. The cookie will be removed upon sign-out, or if the user has not visited the site for a period of more than one year.
- Basket Information (if not signed in), removed when a successful login has been completed, or a period of one year, whichever is sooner.
- Ratings of Magazines (if not signed in), removed when a successful login has been completed, or a period of one year, whichever is sooner.
- Adult Censoring, set if user confirms they are 18 or over and agrees they wish to view Newsstand without censorship.
- Tracking referral site information so we can better identify where traffic is coming from.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by visiting your MyNewsstand account to change your preferences
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us on +44 (0)1795 535733.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, details can be found on our Contact Us page. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.