THE NATURAL WORLD VOLUME
This volume hopes to awaken our inner naturalist by taking us into luscious jungles, home oases, and cabinets of curiosities. Volume Seven is inspired by both those who find wonder in the minute and the colossal, by those who are awed by tiny organisms, relics of the past, large swathes of forest, and the company of plants. We celebrate nature and its incredible breadth of diversity, and explore how it captures the imaginations of naturalists both past and present. We meet with people whose ambition is to harmoniously live alongside the natural world and empower others to see the value of its assets and share in its adventurous offerings.
- Trekking into the wilds of Borneo's rainforests and exploring their unique ecosystems
- A Discussion on the value and importance of curiosity
- The dedication and skill of a professional fossil hunter and restorer
- A window into a green-fingered blackmarket
- The passionate story of the restoration of the Caledonian forest in the Scottish Highlands
- Understanding how plantlife and interior green spaces can draw you closer to nature
- Plant hunting and botanical collecting in the remote Amazonian jungles of French Guiana in search of information to fuel sustainable futures
- The efforts of a native community in rural Borneo to preserve nature and celebrate their culture
- Plus much more
Buy a single copy of ANOTHER ESCAPE or a subscription of your desired length, delivered worldwide. Current issues sent same day up to 3pm!
All magazines sent by 1st Class Mail UK & by Airmail worldwide (bar UK over 750g which may go 2nd Class).
To create the perfect moment for reading Another Escape, we would imagine the following; a comfy armchair, an hour stolen from the busy world and a cup (or glass) of something warming. Of course, perfect reading fantasies may vary from person to person, but this isn’t actually important, as all your attention will be on the magazine.
Another Escape is a magazine where you want to turn off the computer, TV and phone, tell work that you are very out of office, give the kids some money to see a film, and settle down and read. Not because it’s difficult, or hard going, but because you won’t want to be distracted.
Creativity is admittedly a fairly broad theme to base a magazine on, but Another Escape takes the concept and explores it by talking to some fascinating people, going to extra-ordinary places and looking at the vast array of creativity that’s out there.
Another Escape is extremely well designed and produced, with excellent photography and a careful, well measured weight to the writing. As a result it has a refreshing timeless quality (something often missing in this throwaway, consumable world) which means that we will be looking forward to adding each issue to our bookshelves.