subenquiries@newsstand.co.uk
+44 (0)1227 277248

If you would like to receive every new cover of Nursing Standard Magazine by email as it is released in the UK, please insert email below. We will not send you any other emails and you can stop them at any time.


Email:

Nursing Standard Magazine

Further Details

52 issues per year.
Related categories

Current Issue

VOL31/30,  released 22/03/2017
(7 in stock)

Features:

£3.75 inc. p&p to United Kingdom
Next Issue: VOL31/31, Due:29/03/2017 £3.75 
The official journal of the Royal College of Nurses, Nursing Standard is an excellent weekly trade magazine devoted to promoting excellence in nursing care.

Each issue of this slightly smaller than A4 scale magazine covers all the latest nursing news and developments, including changes in NHS policy. It also covers industry analysis, the latest nursing research and a variety of features examining important topical issues faced by nursing today. Nursing Standard also offers a helpful educational section, personal reflections, an art and science section covering issues such as hand hygiene, and career information and listings of hundreds of jobs.

Buy a single copy of NURSING STANDARD or a subscription of your desired length, delivered worldwide. Current issues sent same day up to 3pm! All magazines sent by 1st Class Mail UK & by Airmail worldwide (bar UK over 750g which may go 2nd Class).

The professions that we have the most respect for here at Newsstand, above all others, are those medical related. Doctors, nurses and specialists (not to mention all the administrative staff, porters, ambulance crew and the like) face a job full of stress, dealing with life and death on a pretty much daily basis. Nurses are frankly rather poorly paid in our opinion, and they deserve better. Something else that could be much better is the media attitude towards medical professionals. Apologies for the approaching rant but it needs to be said.

For the most part it’s not too bad, but there’s one aspect, one phrase that really gets our goat. “He/She defied the doctors...” is one of the most misleading, salacious, pernicious and malicious (we’re getting good value out of our thesaurus) phrases in newspaper coverage. Say someone is terminally ill, and they have a 99% chance of only living 5 years and a 1% chance of making it to 10. For the average person it’s very unlikely, and telling them they might make it through ten more years would be misleading, but the simple statistics suggest that one out of every one hundred people will. And there are a lot of terminally ill patients. Meaning there will be a lot of ‘miracles’. Yet the suggestion that they have defied the doctors makes it sound like the medical profession was trying to kill them, or responsible for their illness. If we could change just one thing in the world it would be to change every single use of the term to read “He/She defied their illness...” NB

More

What do you want to do?

  • Subscribe here

    Create your very own NURSING STANDARD subscription using the slider below to select how many issues you would like.

    52

    1

    Purchasing issues  

    Est Despatch:

    £182.00 inc p&p to United Kingdom
  • Buy single issues of Nursing Standard magazine

    Use the arrows to view and buy single issues of Nursing Standard Magazine currently in stock, as well as pre-order future issues.

    • Nursing Standard Magazine Issue VOL31/30
      VOL31/30
      £3.75 inc p&p
      In Stock

    • Coming soon
      to
      Newsstand

      Due
      29 Mar 17
      Nursing Standard Magazine Issue VOL31/31
      VOL31/31
      £3.75 inc p&p
      Due: 29 Mar 17
0 item in your basket

Basket. £ 0

Checkout
  • We're global. Delivering Worldwide Everyday.
    Arabic Danish English Hindi Japanese Mandarin Norwegian Portuguese Russian Spanish Swedish Turkish
  • TWITTER

  • EXTRAS

    We accept Visa, Mastercard and PayPal
  • CONTACT

    J.G.Palmer LLP
    PO Box 71570
    Whitstable
    CT5 9DB
    +44 (0)1227 277248
  • Choose your magazine

    Find your favourite magazine or choose something new out of over 3,560 titles

  • 1 issue or a subscription?

    You can buy a single issue but why not take out a subscription and save money!

  • Delivered worldwide

    It doesn’t matter where you are, we deliver worldwide every single day

We deliver 1000's of magazines Worldwide!